Everybody wants the fresh and beautiful skin that you see in magazines. You may think that it’s virtually impossible to achieve, particularly after the age of 40. You see the ads or you see people that truly have that beautiful skin and it somehow seems out of reach. As so much of us changes after the age of 40, we somehow think deep down that perhaps our days with flawless skin are over. That couldn’t be further from the truth though!
No matter what age you are, there are certain ways to achieve that beautiful skin you’ve always dreamed of. This doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive, contrary to popular belief. To achieve healthy and beautiful skin, particularly over the age of 40, involves some simple but effective practices. Here are some tips that really do work in achieving beautiful skin:
1. Moisturize: Your skin begins to lose its natural moisture somewhere around the age of 40, and this results in drier skin that you’ve likely ever had. Therefore it’s important that you replace that moisture on a daily basis. If you never turned to a good moisturizer before, then it’s time to find one that works for you. It doesn’t need to be expensive, but it does need to be concentrated and able to replenish the moisture that you lose at this pivotal age. Be sure to use moisturizer every morning before applying makeup, and after you wash your face each night for the best effects.
2. Be Diligent About Your Washing: When you’re in your twenties or even your thirties, you may be able to skip a face washing here and there. When you’re in your forties and your skin is changing, it’s extra important to wash. Find a washing ritual that works for you that includes a good cleansing soap and a non-drying toner or astringent. You want to be sure to get all makeup off and remove any dirt or substances that your skin may have encountered throughout the day. It’s best to wash every morning and night for the most beautiful skin possible, as this will really help it to glow if it’s truly a ritual.
3. Exfoliate on a Regular Basis: You need to get rid of the dead skin that gathers, and the only way to do so is to exfoliate. You don’t want to do this every day as it can scour away perfectly good healthy and new skin. You do however want to consider exfoliation as a weekly ritual. Look for a good exfoliating cream or create your own using a sugar scrub as the basis. As you remove the dead skin, you reveal a fresh layer of beautiful and fresh skin beneath if you do this on a regular basis.
4. Take Your Vitamins: Your vitamins become especially important in your forties and beyond because they can help with so many things. Vitamins can help to replenish anything your body is deficient in or requires, and that’s quite important when it comes to beautiful and healthy looking skin. Vitamins A and E are particularly important because they help to restore healthy skin and leave it rejuvenated. At a time in your life when you may be deficient in certain things, these vitamins will ensure that your skin gets what you need.
5. Turn to Natural and Healthy Foods: Not only are healthy natural foods important as a part of your diet, but they can also work well as face masks too. Using ingredients such as avocado, honey, milk, oatmeal, and eggs can help to provide amazing and radiant skin. Eating the right foods can also help to ensure that you maintain healthy skin as part of your healthy lifestyle.
Since your skin is your largest organ, you want to do your part to protect it. Achieving beautiful skin after 40 doesn’t have to be difficult, nor does it have to be expensive. You just need to know what to do and be diligent in taking care of yourself. You’ll have that skin that will be the envy of everyone around you in no time!
M.E. Ward blogs about how to choose among programs to get a BSN online.